The Ray is a 501(c)(3) Georgia nonprofit organization and a highway testbed, located on Interstate 85 between LaGrange and the Georgia-Alabama state line. The organization began with an 18-mile stretch of interstate named in memory of Ray C. Anderson (1934-2011), a Georgia native recognized as a leader in green business when he challenged his company, Interface Inc., to pursue a zero waste, zero carbon footprint. The Ray Highway continues that legacy by paving the way for a zero carbon, zero waste, zero death transportation system to build a safer and more prosperous future for all.
Our mission is to reimagine how we connect our communities, our lives and the world in a way that’s safer, more responsive to the climate, more regenerative to the environment, and more capable of generating economic opportunity, through innovative ideas and technologies that will transform transportation infrastructure.
Our team is now accepting applications for the following position(s):
The Ray is looking for a highly organized and detail-oriented Administrative Assistant to keep our office running smoothly and efficiently. The ability to multitask, manage complex schedules, and meet changing deadlines is essential to the position. This position may be located in Atlanta, Georgia, or may operate virtually from any location in the United States.
Duties of the Administrative Assistant include:
- Manage The Ray’s general administrative activities
- Manage leadership calendars, coordinate and schedule meetings
- Manage, coordinate, and arrange travel and travel-related activities, including booking hotels, transportation, and meals
- Perform administrative and office support, such as typing, dictation, spreadsheet creation, and maintenance of filing system and Every Action contact database
- Format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence
- Plan, organize, and schedule tours of The Ray Highway
- Oversee and order office supplies, including promotional materials
- Retrieve information as requested from records, email, minutes, and other related documents; prepare written summaries of data as needed
- Coordinate timesheet, invoice, and request for reimbursement submittal and approval for all employees, including interns and contractors
- Coordinate job applications and interviews for the organization, including post position descriptions online; act as the point of contact for receiving applications and answering questions, schedule interviews, draft decision letters
- Support onboarding of interns and new employees
- Organize regular intern and staff meetings
- Manage The Ray’s Alumni group
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- 3-5 years experience in an administrative role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other office productivity tools, with the aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Flexible team player, adaptable
- Ability to strictly maintain discretion and confidentiality
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Laura Rogers at email@example.com.